Caliwoods Safety Razor
- Availability: Pre-Order
- Brand: CaliWoods
- Product Code: CaliWoods
- Price in reward points: 36
The last razor you will ever buy! Completely plastic-free and makes shaving a breeze.
- 1 x Stainless Safety Razor - Copper or Stainless
- 5 x Stainless Steel Blades
- 1 x Blade Return Envelope
- *Refill Blades Pack FREE for preorders only!*
Why you will LOVE the CaliWoods Razor;
- Simple screw mechanism and two top holding plates - super durable and there are no parts that will break.
- Plastic free. No more disposable plastic shavers filling our landfills and oceans - just replace the blades.
- Caliwoods take back your blades. Use, Dry, Post, Repurpose. Once you have 40 or more blades, simply post them back to us. We accept them even if they are from another brand. Considering the end-of-life of a product and closing the waste loop is part of our product stewardship - getting the good stuff going here in NZ.
- Choose from two colours; Stainless Steel or Copper.
- Unisex! Great for Men's and Women's shaving.
- Refill blade packs available.
Blade Take-Back Program:
We take Sustainability seriously. In this world, it's impossible to be perfect when the whole system seems to be against our best intentions. BUT...something as small as changing your razor can save hundreds of pieces of plastic every year.
Better yet, if you send your used blades back to Caliwoods clean and dry they will repurpose or recycle them!
1. USE - Use, love and shave sustainably until the blades until they are no longer sharp enough for the job.
2. DRY - Clean the blade and dry thoroughly
3. POST - The Blades back to us! Once you have 40 or more, seal the supplied envelope and wrap it into another (so the postman/postwoman hands are safe) then post your blades back to CaliWoods.
4. REPURPOSE - This bit is our job. Most councils and recycling centres don't accept single blades as they are too small and are a pretty serious hazard for the workers. Using people power and the magic of squirrelling these blades away over time, we have a few ideas for using the material and/or there will be enough to feasibly recycle.
Instructions For Use:
1. Unscrew the head of the razor from the handle.
2. Place blades between he two top plates, holding by the blunt edges.
3. Screw the handle back on and shave away!
4. Replace the blade when it goes blunt. On average this is every fifth shave, less for thick hair, more for fine hair.
5. Rinse shaver after each use of the soap, hair and gunk and let dry.
The Technical Details:
Stainless Steel Razor is made from Type 304
Copper Razor is made from Stainless Steel Type 304 and has Copper electroplated within the stainless. The Copper isn't a layer and cannot 'come off'.
Dimensions - 9.4cm Handle, 4.4cm Blade Holding Plate
Secure screw in blade with 2 top holding plates for durability and safety. The blade is held tightly between these two plates. This is better than Butterfly mechanism razors - they don't last as long when the screw mechanism fails.
FAQ's About Using A CaliWoods Stainless Steel or Copper Safety Razor:
I'm nervous about using one. How do they work?
Just like a normal razor. There are razors on two sides of the head. Simply use a light drag across the skin for all shaving needs. See safety below.
How safe are they? Will it cut me?
These safety razors are as safe as a razor can be. Please note that you will not need to push the razor onto the skin like you do with a plastic one, simply let the weight of the stainless steel do the job with a light drag along the skin.
How do I replace the blade?
You unscrew the head of the razor from the handle, place blades between he two top plates, holding by the blunt edges. Screw the handle back on and shave away!
How often do I replace the blade?
On average this is every fifth shave, less for thick hair, more for fine hair.
Is it as good as a plastic razor?
Better! As it is more durable, will be the last shaver you ever buy and has a great close shave.
Are the Safety Razors good for men, women or both?
Yes! Great for both the guys and the girls.
Will my Safety Razor rust?
The Holding Plates and Handle of the Razor will not rust. The blades may rust after a time given they are often stored wet. When this happens simply give any rust a generous rub with a towel, or an emery cloth.
Why should I make the switch?
Say hello to awesome, low waste shaves and goodbye to all those plastic razors and refill heads. Not only will you be reducing your waste but the using a CaliWoods Safety Razor will save you money too - all you need to replace is the blade!
Can I use regular soap?
Yes. The shaver is made from Stainless Steel so soap will not damage it and there will be enough suds to make it work well. For the face some people might prefer a thicker shaving cream. We recommend that you rinse the shaver well after each use.
How many blades does each razor come with?
You get 5 blades with each Razor just to get you started. We recommend buying a Razor Blade Refill Pack at the same time your order your Razor. These means you won't run out of razor blades quickly, you maximise on shipping as well as reduce shipping packaging and courier carbon miles.
Are there any tips and tricks so I master these low waste shaves faster?
Don't push with the shaver like you do with plastic ones. The weight of the stainless steel means a gentle drag will give you a close shave. Getting used to the angle at which you hold the razor is key. After a couple of shaves you will get the hang on it!
Flat rate shipping within New Zealand of $5 to non-rural addresses. Shipping is FREE for non-rural orders over $80.
Rural shipping is $8.50 for orders under $80 and $5 for orders over $80.
We aim to dispatch your order by courier the day we receive payment and you can expect to receive your order within 1-2 working days. Orders to rural addresses may take up to 3 working days and we reserve the right to use NZ Post instead of courier, if appropriate.
We can arrange Saturday delivery (in most main centres) for orders placed on Friday before 11am (or Thursday 3pm for South Island customers). Please contact us to arrange this. There is an additional $5 charge for Saturday delivery.
If for any reason an item you have ordered is out of stock we will endeavour to order the product and get it to you ASAP. If there is going to be a delay in you receiving your items you will be contacted.
If you are unhappy with any items you have purchased you may return them for a refund within 7 days of receipt. Please Contact Us to arrange any returns.
The goods are to be returned at your own expense and must be in unused, re-saleable condition, with their original packaging. Refund or a store credit will be processed on the receipt of the items in their original condition. When returning items please remember to include your details; whether you want a refund or exchange etc. It is advisable to obtain proof of postage or use tracked delivery for more security.
If a refund is required on products that had free shipping, we reserve the right to deduct our shipping costs from any refund due.
Please contact us before returning any items.
Items purchased on sale are generally not able to be returned for a refund, however occasionally a store credit may be offered.